Brewfest is back and it’s bigger and better than ever! It’s hard to believe Key West Brewfest is celebrating its 7th year. The festivities take place over Labor Day Weekend, September 1st – September 5th in beautiful Florida Keys. It’s countdown to the festivities and while Southernmost Beach Resort and Key West Sunrise Rotary Club are in the final planning stages, we thought it would be a great idea to share some Brewfest Survival Tips along with several reasons why Brewfest is one Key West festival you don’t want to miss!
7 Reasons why you need to attend Key West Brewfest
1. Location – it’s the Florida Keys! Why wouldn’t you want to attend a Beer Festival in Key West…. it’s paradise!
2. Savor the Flavor & The Beer – enjoy brews, bites, brunches and beer dinners at some of our world-class Key West restaurants and eateries.
3. Brews on the Beach – the Signature Tasting Event with more than 200 beers takes place at South Beach, with the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean, steps away from Southernmost Beach Resort. (This goes back to our #1 reason – Location)
4. There will be dancing in the streets! Join in on the fun as Water Seed leads a high stepping, New Orleans style second-line, down Duval Street from the Brewfest Signature Tasting Event and Southernmost Beach Resort to The Green Parrot Bar.
5. Pool Parties, Pageants and even a Brews Cruise!
6. Get educated on Beer! Learn something new about one or more of your favorite brews during the festival …Signature Tasting Event, Beer Dinners and Seminars…or just by chatting with new and old friends at the festival.
7. Discover New Beers!
Getting back to Location, did you know Southernmost Beach Resort is Event Headquarters for Key West Brewfest 2016? In addition to the Hospitality Suite there will be Pool Parties, Beer Dinners and the Signature Tasting Event all taking place at Southernmost Beach Resort so why not stay, play, eat and drink right here with us!
Kona Key West Beer Fest Luau,
Friday, Sept. 2nd at 7pm at Southernmost Beach Cafe.
5 stations paired with Kona Beer – $60 plus tax and gratuity per person. Purchase Tickets Now
Key West Brewfest Signature Tasting Event,
Saturday, Sept. 3rd | 3pm On the Beach at Southernmost Beach Cafe
VIP Tickets and Regular Admission Tickets Available Purchase Tickets Now
Funky Buddah Key West Brewfest Dinner
5 course Beer Dinner at the Southernmost Beach Café $55 plus tax and gratuity per person.
Purchase Tickets Now
For Key West Brewfest Host Hotel Accommodations: Book Online or contact a Southernmost Beach Resort Reservations Agent by calling 800.354.4455 or 305.296.6577
How to Survive a Beer Festival in Key West
1. Know before you go! Plan ahead and make sure to check out the Key West Brewfest Website for all the Brewfest news, information and the Key West Brewfest Event Schedule. As we said in the very beginning, Key West Brewfest is back and bigger than ever. More events! More Beer! More Fun! Important to know which events you want to go to and get those tickets ahead of time.
2. Purchase Tickets in Advance! 1800 tickets will be sold for the signature tasting event on Saturday. Word to the wise – purchase tickets in advance. Last year the event sold out in 2 hours. Purchase Regular Admission Tickets.
3. Spring for the VIP Tickets. Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more to spend some quality time with your peers and beer aficionados. Tickets are $75 per person, must be purchased in advance and Includes: VIP admission at the Key West BrewFest Signature Tasting Festival from 3pm – 5pm: 2 hours of early admission with passed appetizers from the Southernmost Beach Cafe and take home BrewFest Memorabilia. Limited Number of Tickets Sold. Purchase VIP Tickets
4. Pace Yourself
5. Stay Hydrated
6. Get there early
7. Eat a Good Breakfast
8. No drinking and driving. Walk or get designated driver.
9. No texting while drinking (trust us, you don’t want to do that)
10. Share your favorite Key West Brewfest moments with us by making sure to share them with us on social networks and use the hashtag #keywestbrewfest
Key West Brewfest benefits Key West Sunrise Rotary Club charitable initiatives.
Our final thoughts on Key West Brewfest…. Be safe. Have Fun. Cheers!