The 21st Annual Key West Songwriters Festival, presented by BMI and sponsored by Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association takes place in Key West May 4-8, 2016.
The top country artists, hit makers and upcoming talent will be featured over the five day festival with 200 songwriters and performers playing more than 50 shows free of charge as well as ticked events and shows in the most colorful, iconic and beautiful venues in Key West. Southernmost Beach Resort is proud to be one of those venues.
Headliners for the 2016 Festival include: RCA Nashville recording artist Jake Owen, Robert Earl Keen, Rhett Akins Band, Bob DiPiero, Natalie Hemby, Al Anderson, Shawn Camp, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose, Wendell Mobley, Heather Morgan, James Slater, Even Stevens, Guthrie Trapp and the Mulekickers, Chuck Cannon, Bruce Wallace, Phil Barton, Randy Montana, Josh Dorr, Marti Fredriksen, Danny Myrick, Paul Jenkins, Jabe Beyer, Rick Farrell, Love & Theft and Maggie Rose and more!
- I think if you just look at life in a positive way, positive things will happen. ~ Jake Owen
- The road goes on forever and the party never ends. ~ Robert Earl Keen
- I consider myself a songwriter and guitar player who loves to entertain” ~ Bob DiPiero
- Cowriting is very personal. A great song is an honest song, so you have to be able to open up to the person in the room. It’s like a blind date. I know in the first five minutes if it’s gonna be weird. ~ Liz Rose
The music scene will be in full swing as performances will start early in the afternoon and play late into the night. There will be pool parties, beach parties, concerts at historic theatres and even Songwriters aboard Sunset Sails. In addition to the unique island music festival setting, attendees will get to be part of a special storytelling experience as they learn about the voices and stories behind the songs at various venues in the southernmost city Songwriters performing with the backdrop of a Key West sunset and ocean views, well, you just can’t beat that!
One of the highlights of the Songwriters Festival is the free concert on the world famous Duval Street in front of Sloppy Joe’s Bar with headliner Jake Owen, Kane Brown & LANco, hosted by Storme Warren. This is one of the events you don’t want to miss! View the 2016 Key West Songwriters Festival Schedule.
#SOMOLIFE SONGWRITERS EVENTS: BEACH PARTIES, POOL PARTIES & BRUNCH
Southernmost Beach Resort is thrilled to be a Sponsor of the festival and the venue of Four (4) Songwriter Events including:
Thursday, May 5th | Southernmost Pool Party – Pineapple Pool – Hosted by DJ Hish (FREE)
- 12:00pm – Jason Michael Carroll & Arlis Albritton
- 1:00pm – Erica Sunshine Lee, Jared Mullins, Tommy Cecil & Jody Stevens
- 2:00pm – Ross Lipsey, Brinley Addington & Nickolas Wayne
- 3:00pm – Walker McGuire
Friday, May 6th | Southernmost Beach Resort – Beach Bash (FREE)
- 1:00pm – Stevie Woodward, Brett Boyett & Cameran Nelson
- 2:00pm – Megan Linville, Dave Fenley & Brian Sutherland
- 3:00pm – Lo Miller, Dave Pittenger & Susan Ruth
#Saturday, May 7th | Songwriter Showcase At the Sand Bar Oceanfront Pavilion
- 4:00pm – Love & Theft
Join us at Southernmost Beach Resort’s Sand Bar Oceanfront Pavilion for an intimate Songwriter Showcase With Love & Theft along with special guests.
- General Admission is $25
- General Admission plus Meet & Greet after the show is $50
- Tickets Benefit BMI Foundation Purchase Tickets for Songwriter Showcase Love and Theft
Sunday, May 8th | Southernmost Beach Café
- (10am-2pm) – Mother’s Day Brunch
- 12:00pm – Opal Justice, Jeff Harris & Erica Sunshine Lee
- 1:00pm – Matt Warren, Mike Walker & Lena Stone
- 2:00pm – Justin Ebach, Brian White & Susan Ruth
6 Tips for a Successful #Somolife Key West Songwriter Festival
- Know the Venue and Dress Accordingly! The island’s most popular beaches, bars and hotspots will be the stage for the Key West Songwriters Festival and we are thrilled to be part of it.
- Some friendly reminders, don’t’ forget to pack a hat, extra sunscreen and that extra swimsuit won’t hurt because you will be able to enjoy some of our Songwriter Events in the pool!
- Stay Hydrated! Songwriter Events start early and end late. Drink lots of water between concerts and cocktails.
- No need to worry about driving anywhere when you reach your destination in Key West. Walk from the Atlantic to the Gulf on the World Famous Duval Street and enjoy the music scene in between as concerts are staged at different venues around the island.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes. Flip-flops and sandals are a must have for the festival.
Know the schedule! Make sure to take a look at the Key West Songwriters Festival Schedule in advance and get to your concert destination early.
- Book In Advance: Once you experience Key West Songwriters Festival you’ll become a festival groupie. Book your Key West Accommodations in advance and stay where the music scene is happening …that’s with us at Southernmost Beach Resort southernmostbeachresort.com
Southernmost Beach Resort is proud to be a sponsor of the 2016 Key West Songwriters Festival. Enjoy the music festival and island setting in the Southernmost City.