Our Commitment to Sustainability
- ‘Make a Green Choice’ program – receive a $5.00 voucher to our restaurant, SMBR Café, each day you decline housekeeping service
- Use large refillable shampoo/conditioner/body wash bottles in our showers – save over 1,835,370 grams of plastic a year
- We offer reef safe sunscreen at our three pools and at the front desk
- We offer BeeKind Products in our guestrooms: The products contain no parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients mineral oil, urea, DES, TEA or propylene glycol.
- Participate in the Green Lodging Program
- We offer low flow toilets
- We utilize power saving LED light bulbs
- We Recycle
- 20% of rooms have installed environmental management system
- We use paper straws and biodegradable disposable products
- Towel rehang program
- Sheets changed after 3 days in stay over rooms
- Use locally sourced fish at cafe and products throughout the resort as often as possible
Southernmost Beach Resort and Highgate Hotels continually strive to make an impact on hospitality as well as the greater global community
- Highgate Charitable foundation benefits many causes such as Save the Children and the Aga Khan Foundation.
- For more information on these causes or to get involved, please click here.
Southernmost Beach Resort is committed to minimizing our carbon footprint and enhancing our beautiful community of Key West. Our team participates in –
- Consistent clean up and beautification of South Beach
- Annual participation in the Go Green Commuter contest which encourages human powered commuting to and from work (walking, cycling, skateboarding, etc…)
SHARED INTERESTS WITH OUR OWNERS, PEBBLEBROOK HOTEL TRUST
Additional details on Pebblebrook’s commitment to sustainability can be found here.
- 63% of our properties have a sustainability coordinator or green champion
- 80% of our properties have meeting rooms with digital thermostats
- 98% of our properties have a preventative maintenance plan that checks building energy and water equipment at least quarterly
- 61% of our properties have a water efficiency program
- 94% of our properties have faucets with low-flow aerators to conserve water
- 48% of our properties have eliminated single-use plastics (or reduced to an absolute minimum) from the property
- 74% of our properties have eliminated plastic straws
- 65% of our properties have implemented a food waste prevention strategy
- Nearly $19 million invested on environmental initiatives
PEB 5-Star Promise Statement
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (“Pebblebrook”) strongly supports AHLA’s 5-Star Promise. Our pledge to AHLA complements the practices and policies in-place by our company and our hotel operating partners which are designed to ensure that the hotel employees at our more than 50 owned hotels across the United States abide by the law, respect individual’s rights, and do not tolerate sexual harassment of any type at our properties. We have dedicated a significant amount of resources to assist our hotel operators with sexual harassment awareness training and avoidance programs, in addition to training and resources to prevent human trafficking. We will continue to engage with our hotel operators to provide the resources to further assist them in ensuring the safety of our hotel employees and our guests. Pebblebrook is committed to funding the purchase of hotel employee safety devices for use at all of our owned hotels by the end of 2020, as well as to provide funding for additional training and education programs on sexual harassment and human trafficking at our corporate level and our hotel properties. Through our pledge to the 5-Star Promise, Pebblebrook intends to contribute to positive, industry-wide improvements to continue to make hotels a safe place for all our employees and guests.