Our Commitment to Sustainability
- ‘Make a Green Choice’ program – receive a $5.00 voucher to our restaurant, SMBR Café, each day you decline housekeeping service
- Use large refillable shampoo/conditioner/body wash bottles in our showers – save over 1,835,370 grams of plastic a year
- We offer reef safe sunscreen at our three pools and at the front desk
- We offer BeeKind Products in our guestrooms: The products contain no parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients mineral oil, urea, DES, TEA or propylene glycol.
- Participate in the Green Lodging Program
- We offer low flow toilets
- We utilize power saving LED light bulbs
- We Recycle
- 20% of rooms have installed environmental management system
- We use paper straws and biodegradable disposable products
- Towel rehang program
- Sheets changed after 3 days in stay over rooms
- Use locally sourced fish at cafe and products throughout the resort as often as possible
Southernmost Beach Resort and Highgate Hotels continually strive to make an impact on hospitality as well as the greater global community
- Highgate Charitable foundation benefits many causes such as Save the Children and the Aga Khan Foundation.
- For more information on these causes or to get involved, please click here.
Southernmost Beach Resort is committed to minimizing our carbon footprint and enhancing our beautiful community of Key West. Our team participates in –
- Consistent clean up and beautification of South Beach
- Annual participation in the Go Green Commuter contest which encourages human powered commuting to and from work (walking, cycling, skateboarding, etc…)