10 Key West Brewfest Survival Tips on the 10th Anniversary
Make the most of your festival experience
Preparing for any festival takes time and planning. But when you are heading to Key West for the 10th Annual Key West Brewfest, we thought you might need a little extra help. We asked the locals and Brewfest team for their best tips so you can make the most of your festival experience.
About Key West Brewfest: August 29th – September 2nd
The Southernmost Beach Resort has teamed up with the Key West Sunrise Rotary of the Conch Republic to host the 10th Annual Key West Brewfest, August 29th – September 2nd. This Key West festival takes place Labor Day Weekend with over 150 beers and microbrews on tap benefitting the charitable efforts of the Key West Sunrise Rotary Club of the Conch Republic. Events include beer dinners, beer brunches, happy hour parties, pool parties, late-night parties, seminars, and the Signature Tasting Event on the beach. View the Key West Brewfest website here.
10 Key West Brewfest Survival Tips
Courtesy of Matt Babich, the founding father of Key West Brewfest and the Brewefest Team
1. Get the VIP Tickets! This is worth it and allows you to spend time with the beer vendors and learn about the new beers without the crowds.
VIP Tickets are $90 per person
Includes: 2 hours of early admission into the BrewFest tasting festival at 3pm with passed appetizers from the Southernmost Beach Cafe and take home BrewFest Memorabilia – 10th annual BrewFest tote bag. Purchase VIP tickets to the Brewfest Tasting Festival here.
2. Plan Ahead! Take time to look at the Key West Brewfest event schedule and know which events you want to attend. Ticketed events will sell out, so know before you go and purchase in advance.
3. Drink Water! Yes, you heard us drink plenty of water. Hydrate! It’s hot, and you don’t want to get dehydrated while enjoying the festivities. Tip – Drink water between beers.
4. Attend All Beer Dinners. Enjoy an evening of culinary adventure paired with featured ales and lagers.
Thursday – 7pm Dogfish Dinner at Bagatelle Restaurant
Four Courses plus Dessert, featuring Chef @chefzingg.hlh fresh creations paired with fantastic Dogfish brews. For reservations call Bagatelle Restaurant at 305-296-6609, or email [email protected]
Tickets are $99
Friday – 7pm Kona Beer Dinner at Southernmost Beach Cafe
Featuring 5 live action stations paired with Kona Beer. Enjoy a live sushi station and a few very rare beers coming from Hawaii – DJ Spinning, Polynesian fire dancers, surfboard and longboard giveaways. Tickets available at the Southernmost Beach Café, 1405 Duval Street, (305) 295-6550 –
Tickets are $60/person plus tax and gratuity. Reserve your spot now.
5. Arrive early at every event. It doesn’t matter if it is a beer dinner, pool party, seminar, or signature tasting event – plan on arriving early.
6. March on! Participate in the 2nd Line March leaving from South Beach ending at the Green Parrot – yes, the festivities continue after the signature tasting event!
7. Try New Beers! Take the time to experiment and taste new brews!
8. Cover Up! Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and wear a hat. No burning allowed.
9. Walk, Uber or Taxi to and from the parties, dinners and events. Enough said.
10. Have fun while raising money for a good cause. All proceeds from Key West Brewfest will benefit the Key West Sunrise Rotary of the Conch Republic and their charitable efforts: raising money to eliminate polio from the world and sending students to college. Now that’s something to cheer about!
Key West Brewfest Events at Southernmost Beach Resort
Friday, August 30th
1pm – 4pm at The Pineapple Pool, Southernmost Beach Resort
Come party with the Islamorada Brewing Company crew. DJ, games, and giveaways all afternoon long. Islamorada Beer Company tap takeover at the Pineapple Pool, 1319 Duval Street.
7 pm: Kona Beer Beach Party at the Southernmost Beach Café ($$)
Featuring 5 live action stations paired with Kona Beer. Enjoy a live sushi station and a few very rare beers coming from Hawaii – DJ Spinning, Polynesian fire dancers, surfboard and longboard giveaways. Tickets available at the Southernmost Beach Café Located at 1405 Duval Street $60/person plus tax and gratuity. You can also buy tickets online at keystix.com.
Saturday, August 31st
Brewfest Signature Tasting Event at South Beach
VIP Admission $90 3pm – 5pm
VIP Tickets are $90 per person
Includes: 2 hours of early admission into the BrewFest tasting festival at 3pm with passed appetizers from the Southernmost Beach Cafe and take home BrewFest Memorabilia – 10th annual BrewFest tote bag
General Admission ($40 in advance) tasting hours 5pm – 8pm
Buy tickets to the signature tasting event here.
*8pm Second Line March leaving from South Beach (starts at the end of the Tasting Festival event) ending at the Green Parrot
Sunday, September 1st
11 am – 2 pm FL Keys Brewing Pool Party at Southernmost Beach Resort Pineapple Pool
Cool off and ease into the evening at the Pineapple Pool as the sun sets on this year’s Key West Brewfest! Enjoy beer, live music, good eats!
Happy 10th Anniversary Key West Brewfest! For our friends attending the festivities, keep these Key West Brewfest Survival Tips handy and enjoy island life while tasting new brews! #somolife